2. ursainfosystems.com | 1 (855) URSA - ERP | firstname.lastname@example.org FGY Vision Provide High - end I ndustrial C omponents and Superior S ervice ABOUT THE CUSTOMER The Frew/Gasco /AB Young (FGY Team ) specializes in selling and distributing industrial component s . The three companies a re tightly coupled due to their previous existence as divisions within the same company. This expert team sell s , deliver s , installs, and maintains components and sy stems , focused on industrial and commercial markets. Products offered include meters and sensors, valves, controllers, industrial boiler equipment, and gas regulators. Today, the three distinct companies have similar operations in the same office space and have chosen to use common back office resources for their accounting, technology, warehouse and facilities functions, which provides an excellent platform on which to build their individual businesses. This allows them to leve rage an economy of scale from their investments in this infrastructure, both in fixed assets and use of personnel. Frew Process Group acts as the Technology c oordinator for the consortium . Scott Young, President of Frew Process Group
7. ursainfosystems.com | 1 (855) URSA - ERP | email@example.com SUMMARY The Frew/Gasco /AB Young Team accomplished their goal of migrating from SAP Business One to Odoo, managing Scope, Schedule and Budget carefully . FGY embarked on a phase II project, which includes integr ating Magento for a direct Ecommerce based channel, extending the GIS analysis, and generating a broad range of sophisticated new reports using the Pentaho platform . FGY’s bold move to leave a legacy platform and successfully move to Odoo clearly demonstrates the effectiveness of the Ursa approach to Odoo i mplementation and most notably the power of FGY’s faith and follow - through to their innovative vision . Would you like to know more about how your business can gain the benefits of an ERP implementation on your scale? Contact Ursa Information Systems and let’s talk about how we can work together to accomplish your goals.1 - 855 - URSA ERP, or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. SAP A BANDONED FOR O DOO F LEXIBILITY Frew Process Group, AB Young and Gasco used Odoo to replace SAP Business One and gained new features, flexibility and freedom while reducing the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). A N U RSA I NFORMATION S YSTEMS C ASE S TUDY
4. ursainfosystems.com | 1 (855) URSA - ERP | email@example.com Working Together The Workshop addressed specific needs of each business unit , while creating a coherent common design to meet joint needs. APPROACH The FGY Team engaged Ursa Information Systems to work with them to build a complete ERP system. The team used Ursa’s approach to Odoo implementatio n . STEP 1: ANALYZE FGY’S BUSINESS SYSTEMS During this s tep, FGY and Ursa conducted a 1 week workshop to analyze the requirements, assembled a high - level framework for development, and identified key areas requiring change; simultaneously, Ursa conducted technology transfer to FGY staff. Given that FGY is thre e separate, closely related organizations, this week of work had to address the specific needs and requirements of each business unit , as well as create coherent common design that would meet their joint needs. Together, the FGY and Ursa partners identified the criteria for success, documented a target schedule and budget, and began prototyping a new system . STEP 2: OPTIMIZE CRITICAL AREAS AND P ROCESSES Once the Workshop was complete, FGY and Ursa worked to optimize critical areas. More detailed analysis was required to assure the well - defined , actionable development specifications , could be successfully completed within budget and schedule . The team built and agreed upon a functional specification that addressed the key business processes . Due to the large scale of the project, careful change management practices were necessary for success — This was identified early, and managed carefully.
5. ursainfosystems.com | 1 (855) URSA - ERP | firstname.lastname@example.org Effective Management FGY leadership worked hard to promote system acceptance from stakeholders . The business goals included: Specialized sales management tools Commission and margin calculation too ls Accurate and complete accountin g Data Migration from SAP Business One to Odoo V7 Synchronized CRM tools, allowing visibility into Custom ers between the three companies Build a flexible system that can be extended with E - Commerce, Geospatial Analysis and other advanced technologie s Gain insight into operations, sales and customer care STEP 3: BUILD ODOO SYSTEM S TO AUTOMATE PROCESSES FGY wor ked closely with Ursa to create a plan that addressed the sch edule, scope and budget of the project . FGY leadership worked hard to manage change and promote syst em acceptance from stakeholders , even as the software design was being finalized. Ursa provided detailed project reporting, allowing FGY to appropriately analyze and proportionally share costs between the three companies. Change management activities inclu ded active testing from end - users, and leadership’s flexibility and support of those requests that were truly required for daily work. End - user stakeholders played critical roles and were flexible to adjusting their current processes when necessary to matc h system setup. Ursa used appropriate change management tools, including Training and User Acceptance, to ensure that expectations were met, and the FGY team was ready for change. The project team (FGY and Ursa) used the t asks and plan built in Step 1 (Analyze ) to manage the system configuration and customization . Work was managed in an a gile manner, with frequent progress reviews, functional demonstrations, and testing cycles. Progress and review checks verified that work executed adhered to the initia l design or change order and that budget and schedule were met or adjusted . The team used standardized reporting tools, meeting the high expectations of FGY management. FGY had limited staff availability to configure the software and the environments, and contracted Ursa to handle many of the identified customization, configuration and installation tasks. At the sam e time, Ursa helped FGY hire a staff member that could assist with a number of these tasks on site. FGY and Ursa proceeded to work through the implementation together, with weekly status meetings and monthly project an alysis. The last exercise before going live was a rigorous set of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) that proved the software was ready to support FGY ’s requirements . After this final check, Frew experienced a very smooth deployment that stabilized quickly, and with few issues.
3. ursainfosystems.com | 1 (855) URSA - ERP | email@example.com FUN C T I ON AL HI G HLI G HT S Custom Sales Functions Fine - Tuned Customer and Shipment Tracking Tightly Integrated C ustomer & M arket D ata Sharing b etween 3 Companies GIS Sales Analysis SITUATION The FGY Team had implemented SAP Business One, but found the software struggled to support their business operations . FGY wanted a better approach to e - c ommerce, i ntegrated o perations m anagement, i nventory, CRM, sales, fulfillment, and other key functions. They used SAP Business One before exploring other options, and were frustr ated with its black - box design and inability to be modified to effectively support their business functions. FGY wanted a solution that could be manipulated to promote their competitive advantage. COMPETITIVE ADVANTAG ES TO AUT OMATE 1. Specialized sales functions that matched their unique sales cycle. This included d etailed commissions tracking, the ability to group the orders togethe r by contract, and outside sales team management to provide just a few examples of sales - related operations the team wanted to optimize. 2. Quick and effective delivery tracking tools to support the 3 company’s operational advantage for superior customer service. 3. Although the three companies now exist as separate ent ities, they gain a strong advantage through sharing customer information and market data . FGY required a c ustom function to synchronize all customer and market data between the three customer systems. A regular update cycle was needed to keep all three systems up to date with the latest changes and additions. 4. The FGY team required visual mapping capabilities for customer records on the three company systems. Specifically, the FGY team wanted to use a geographic information system (GIS) softwar e, an extension to the system database, and a 3 rd party geo - encoding tool . This would provide unique i nsight into their customer base and a foundation for more effective sales tactics. After their experience with proprietary software , FGY strongly preferre d an o pen s ource approach. They conducted a thorough investigation of the options, decided Odoo was the right choice for them, and engaged Ursa Information Systems to help them proceed .
6. ursainfosystems.com | 1 (855) URSA - ERP | firstname.lastname@example.org Success Factors Dedicated Team Effective Testing Leadership & Stakeholder Flexibility Regular and Open Team Communication STEP 4: PROVIDE TRANSITION ASSISTANCE Team members completed their work as planned, managing scope, schedule and budget effectively. Open and honest communications were key to this success, and continue to this day. S cope increase d during the project, but the budget and sch edule impact was managed carefully, and partially mitigated by other work items being complete ahead of schedule. Ursa staff assisted FGY in testing, training, and staffing/hiring. FGY leadership performed Change Management tasks with the entire team, establishing trust and buy - in. RESULTS FGY is successfully using Odoo for A ccounting S ales CRM Inventory Management Shipping Purchasing Geospatial Sales Analysis More importantly, the team migrated successfully from SAP Business One to Odoo in months. The FGY team is using their new system to manage their businesses, adding new functionality in addition to closely mimi cking the valuable areas that were set up in the proprietary software. They are now positioned to effectively grow their business, with a system that supports and amplifies their competitive advantage.
- 488 Vistas totales
- 420 Vistas del sitio web
- 68 Vistas incrustadas
- Acciones Sociales
- 0 Me gusta
- 0 No me gusta
- 0 Comentarios
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 1 www.google.com
- 2 opensur.com
- 2 188.8.131.52
Dirección General de Rentas Misiones2223 Visualizaciones
Boogaerts Heating: The Voice of the Customer1872 Visualizaciones
Danone reemplaza SAP por Odoo1615 Visualizaciones
Hölzl Gravurtec1564 Visualizaciones
Chez Felix1408 Visualizaciones
Dreamcolocation: The Voice of the Customer1279 Visualizaciones
Odoo Accounting Demo1269 Visualizaciones
Customize Your Website With Odoo1267 Visualizaciones
VCL Sound1110 Visualizaciones
CSC Scientific949 Visualizaciones
Cox Communication: Customer Review931 Visualizaciones
Lomé Container Terminal921 Visualizaciones